Love Your Heart event
The Love Your Heart event on Valentine’s day, 14th February, was a great success despite the inclement weather! With Certitude hosting the event, Elsa Morris, Treat Me Right Project Manager, worked with various partners and health agencies in Ealing to provide people with learning disabilities and their families, opportunities to access health checks, get advice on all sorts of health issues and conditions, and enjoy demonstrations on how to exercise and dance! Entertainment was also provided – The Impact Group sang, danced, played drums and recited poetry and Certitude’s own Community Choir sang an array of favourite songs.
Stall holders included:
- Ealing Healthwatch – promoting people’s feedback about health services in Ealing
- Community Occupational Health Service – information about falls prevention, home safety, bone health
- Healthy Heart – Ealing Hospital – healthy heart, nutrition and exercise advice, blood pressure checks
- Ealing Help – promoting local support and information available to families and carers
- Community Dental Service – offering advice and support about looking after your teeth and general oral health
- Back care – moving and handling facilitator from Ealing Hospital offering advice about good back care
- Ealing Mencap – advice and support about healthy lifestyles and information about services they offer
- Health Passports – Ealing Hospital and Meadow House – offering to help people complete hospital passports and general information about the hospital services
- Shaping a healthier future – information about development of Ealing Hospital and seeking feedback
- IMPACT outreach network – information about IMPACTS day services
- Sexual Health – information and advice about sexual health & family planning.
- Sevacare Group – Southall Community Alliance – awareness of diabetes and a healthy heart, diabetes risk assessments, and healthy cooking
- Ealing Community Team for people with learning disabilities – health promotion and advice and information about the team and services offered
- Treat Me Right – part of Certitude – promoting healthy lifestyles and offering health passports and tools to improve health
- My Time – part of Certitude – promoting healthy living and offering information about day services
- Accession and Accession Catering – a Social Enterprise whose services include crafts, catering, design and print, horticulture and more.
Organising events is never easy let alone doing so in partnership with numerous organisations and agencies and Elsa and her team of helpers did a fantastic job.